Thursday, January 25, 2007

Recording my first live video/audio tonight

I am sitting at this very moment recording a class segment. Needed some raw footage to start learning about video casting. It sure is different to set equipment up on the fly. I am recording the video directly into the computer at 768kbs into Windows video editor. This should be more than enough quality for the Internet. I will probably cut the finish product down from there.

I switched to a wireless mic. I think that's is absolutely the best way. It is so slick. I can't hear the students but the quality of the instructors voices is higher quality. Definitely going to budget for a nice system.

The video is going really well. I setup the camera at the side of the room so I can easily pan between between the instructor and the LCD screen. I think that may be a good technique to remember in simplifying the process of creating raw video. I am thinking lighting still may be a problem. Maybe not a bad deal to have a light right behind the camera to stop the worst of the shadows.

It's kind of exciting know this is the start of a larger project.

1 comment:

Greg Marshall said...

Ok, it went pretty good. Should have a sample up soon. The sound was recorded lower than I wanted. May need to get a wireless with gain control. At 3 hours, the raw video was 1 gigabyte of data. Wow. I took it in 3 sections and broke it at the breaks. This is exciting.